What is cervical spondylosis?
Cervical Spondylosis is a condition that the joints come together that causes deterioration of the vertebrae, discs, and ligaments. When those membranes around each bone touch they can really hurt and cause nerve compression called cervical spondylosis.
In today’s fast-paced life, our lifestyle; food habits and our postures, sleep patterns, has gone through a drastic change. Due to all these changes, every person is affected by one or the other illness.
Today people in the age group of 30-40 are being affected by cervical spondylosis. Earlier, this illness was more found in the senior citizens aged above 60 years. In this illness, neck pain, back bone pain, as well as shoulder pain, giddiness, and extreme muscle pain.
This illness is generally caused due to working with a bending neck. In the office, sitting on the chair with the neck bent down and working on the computer excessively.
It affects the bones of the neck severely. This causes cervical spondylosis. And after that, we need to take help of either doctor or physiotherapist. And we have to also take painkillers as well. In order to avoid all this, we need to keep our body healthy and fit.
Symptoms of cervical spondylosis:
- Frequently getting neck and shoulder pain. And the pain reduces on its own too.
- Neck as well as shoulder getting cramped or stretched.
- Swelling in neck muscles.
- Pain and swellings in the arms spreading to full hands.
- Unable to turn neck fully.
- Pain from the neck till the backbone and certain stretched pain felt in that area.
- Pain till the waist.
- Blood formation being less around neck and shoulders.
- Sleeping in one position or sitting in one position for a long time could be one of its symptoms.
Management to prevent internal injury
- Don’t put too much pressure on the neck and neck muscles.
- Exercise every day and go on walks regularly.
- While sleeping, use a hard bed and a thin pillow.
- Use neck collar.
- If you are lying down, then don’t try to get up with a jerk.
- Always try to move to one side, and then get up.
- If you are working on a computer or in office, so don’t try to be in one position with your neck bent down.
- Always try to get up every one hour and give your neck some rest.
- While riding vehicles like a motorcycle, scooter. Be careful while putting and removing helmets.
- Don’t use very heavy helmets.
- Don’t keep the mobile in between ear and the shoulders and talk.
- When the pain is more, then take rest.
- If you are facing more problems, then definitely consult the doctor.
Remedies for cervical spondylosis.
Perform yoga asanas, and exercise- In yoga, you can try to do Bhujangasana, Navasana, and Pranayama. Try to do these exercise for 5 minutes every day.
Ice cubes– Take ice cubes 8-10 and keep it in a polythene. This will reduce the swelling and it helps reduce the pain as well, Keep doing this twice a day.
Hot water fomentation– Fill hot water in the hot water bag and place on the area that is very painful. Due to this, swelling as well as pain will reduce, and the muscles will become softer. While doing hot water fomentation, keep this in mind that your body part shouldn’t be exposed to air.
Himalayan Rock salt– Take 50 gms Himalayan rock salt, and put in one handkerchief or cloth and tie it. And then place it in the hot pan and make it warm. Then place it on the painful area. This will definitely benefit you.
Apple cider vinegar– Apple cider vinegar is very good to relieve pain. Take cotton and put the apple cider vinegar and apply to the painful area. Keep this for a long time. Whenever the cotton becomes dry, then again moisten with apple cider and keep it. Continue for one or two times you will get the benefit.
Turmeric milk– Every night, take one glass milk, take half spoon of turmeric powder and boil the milk. Add sugar according to taste. And consume it.
Garlic and clarified butter– Take four garlic cloves, and grind it nicely, then cook it well in ghee. When the garlic’s water becomes dry, then cool it. And then apply and massage it on the area that is having pain and cover the area with cloth for some time. It will benefit you a lot.